Guide to YouTube Statistics
This is a guide on how to check the origin of your views on YouTube and be sure of what you have purchased on Veedoo.
In this mini-guide, we explain how to reach the area of interest and check the origin of your views.
- Open your search browser and access Veedoo
- Login with your username and password
- Once logged in, click on the icon representing your profile image in the top right corner; open the drop-down menu and click on “YouTube Studio“ as shown in the example below:
- Once you have reached the Dashboard of your YouTube channel, click on “Analytics” under the left menu as shown in the example below:
- Once the page has loaded, click “Reach Viewers” on the horizontal menu as shown on the image below:
- Then, scroll down until you see “Traffic source types“ on the table. The remark of our promotion will be displayed as “YouTube Advertising“, like in the sample image below:
- Next, click the “Traffic source types” tab to access the full stats of your channel, or click “Video” to select which video stats would you like to see:
Once you’ve chosen the desired video, select the period of time you would like to analyze. Choose a time frame period from the right corner of your panel like in the example below:
- To complete your analysis, check “Traffic source types” and all the other available traffic sources that will reveal where the views came from and the total number of views acquired from each source (as in the example below). Remember that the statistics on YouTube are not updated in real time and to get a more accurate overview of your statistics, you still have to wait at least 3 working days after the completion of the advertising campaign:
Important to Note
Google guarantees the views but warns that there may be discrepancies between views delivered with Google Ads and views assigned to the YouTube video (up to 10%,) both positively and negatively. It is therefore normal to have differences between the numbers from the Google Ads report and the internal statistics of YouTube. For these reasons, Veedoo is not responsible for any discrepancies when using the services owned by Google Ads and also cannot have access in any way to private statistics of YouTube channels in order to examine the statistical data.
Veedoo commits itself to extend the promotion until the achievement of the established paid goals in term of chosen/paid views, in case of a discrepancy lower than the objective of the paid promotion.
The extension of the campaign for reasons of discrepancy is done exclusively in collaboration with the direct receiver of the promotion, whom in order to enjoy our assistance, must to provide us with all the necessary requested information to determine the veracity of the discrepancies.